Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snow! and a fix for holes in the jeans


We started the morning with rain and a forecast of that changing into ice pellets or sleet then snow by the afternoon. But it changed to snow from the rain and it is piling up fast... hmm, that might impact some of the plans for this weekend.


It's the big, heavy flakes that are beautiful, although they do cause concern for the poor pine tree that gets so weighed down and looks as though some branches might break.


There is less snow on this railing because I had scraped it clean earlier—messy squirrels!

Some of the holiday goodies have been made with lots more to come. I post about them later.

Today, I'll show you what I've done with a couple pair of jeans belonging to a certain someone. I know, holey jeans are cool. But sometimes they are too cool for winter, if you catch my drift. (Uff-da, that was a few too many puns.)

I love the book, Mend it Better; creative patching, darning, and stitching by Kristin M. Roach. It is perfect for someone like me who knows there is a little more life left in those clothes but am not always sure how to keep them out of the rag bag.

What I love most about the book is that it frees you from the need to have the mending look perfect. That works for me, because I simply don't have the time to always make things perfect. In fact, in this way, things are more playful and creative. Lots more fun to wear. And, I just might learn a few embroidery stitches along the way!


 The pair with the pink patches was worn after the patching and before the pictures.


  
There is one more pair to mend, and I'm looking forward to it. ;)

~Colette